CarMax, Inc is expected to announce its first quarter results on Thursday, June 21, 2012. CarMax, Inc. operates as a dealer of second-hand automobiles in the United States through its subsidiaries. It also sells automobiles to licensed dealers by on-site wholesale auctions, and sells new automobiles under franchise contracts.
The company has got market cap of $6.42 billion and presently it is traded around $27.69. The main financial ratios for the company are:
Return On Equity (ROE) 16.84%
Return On Assets (ROA) 5.35%
Profit Margin 4.14%
Forward P/E 13.47
Current Ratio 2.87
• CarMax announced on April 16, 2012 that it will create 80 new jobs for its latest store in Florida.
• CarMax reported on Apr 16, 2012 that the CarMax Foundation has donated over $2.4 million to nonprofit organizations.
• The company announced on April 19, 2012 that it has opened up its first ever auto superstore in California.
• The company announced on May 23, 2012 that CarMax Foundation has donated $300,000 to nonprofit organizations in Richmond area.
• The company announced on June 11, 2012 that it has opened up its first ever auto superstore in Franklin.